Improving the user experience with your website is a top priority for everyone who cares about their online activity,
as it promotes familiarity and loyalty with your brand, and enhances visibility of your activity.
Yasr – Yet Another Stars Rating is a powerful way to add SEO-friendly user-generated reviews and testimonials to your
website posts, pages and CPT, without affecting its speed.
How To use
With the classic editor, when you create or update a page or a post, a box (metabox) will be available in the upper right corner where you’ll
be able to insert the overall rating.
With the new Guteneberg editor, just click on the “+” icon to add a block and search for Yasr Overall Rating.
You can either place the overall rating automatically at the beginning or the end of a post (look in “Settings”
-> “Yet Another Stars Rating: Settings”), or wherever you want in the page using the shortcode [yasr_overall_rating] (easily added through the visual editor).
You can give your users the ability to vote, pasting the shortcode [yasr_visitor_votes] where you want the stars to appear.
If you’re using the new Gutenberg editor, just click on the “+” icon to add a block and search for Yasr Visitor Votes
Again, this can be placed automatically at the beginning or the end of each post; the option is in “Settings” -> “Yet Another Stars Rating: Settings”.
Multisets give the opportunity to score different aspects for each review: for example, if you’re reviewing a videogame, you can create the aspects “Graphics”, “Gameplay”, “Story”, etc.
You can easily migrate from WP-PostRatings, kk Star Ratings, Rate My Post and Multi Rating
A tab will appear in the settings if one of these plugin is detected.
YASR supports the following schema.org itemtypes:
✝ BlogPosting itemtype will not show stars in search result.
More info here
¶ Book supports the following properties
‡ LocalBusiness supports the following properties
Δ Movie supports the following properties
§ Products supports the following properties
* Global identifiers
* Price Valid Until
|| Recipe supports the following properties
◊ SoftwareApplication supports the following properties
* Price Valid Until
Old video, but still valid.
New videos, talked in Italian but easily to understand (eng subs will come)
While YASR – Yet Another Stars Rating does not require any coding, it is developer friendly!
It is the first (and for now only) rating plugin that uses REST API.
Here you can find the documentation.
Further, it comes with a lot of hooks, you can find more info here .
Do you want more feature? Check out Yasr Pro!
This plugin provides 7 blocks.
- Yasr: Ranking by visitors votes This ranking shows both the highest and most rated posts rated through the yasr_visitor_votes shortcode. For an item to appear in this chart, it has to be rated at least twice.
- Yasr: Most Active Visitors This ranking shows the most active users, displaying the login name if logged in or "Anonymous" if not
- Yasr: Ranking by overall rating This ranking shows the highest rated posts rated through the overall_rating shortcode.
- Yasr: User Rate History If user is logged in, this shortcode shows a list of all the ratings provided by the user on [yasr_visitor_votes] shortcode
- Yasr: Most Active Authors This ranking shows the most active reviewers on your site.
- Yasr: Visitor Votes Insert the ability for your visitors to vote.
- Yasr: Overall Rating Insert the author rating.
- Navigate to Dashboard -> Plugins -> Add New and search for YASR
- Click on “Installa Now” and than “Activate”
What is “Overall Rating”?
It is the vote given by who writes the review: readers are able to see this vote in read-only mode. Reviewer can vote using the box on the top right in the editor screen. Remember to insert this shortcode [yasr_overall_rating] to make it appear where you like.
What is “Visitor Rating”?
It is the vote that allows your visitors to vote: just paste this shortcode [yasr_visitor_votes] where you want the stars to appear.
What is “Multi Set”?
It is the feature that makes YASR awesome. Multisets give the opportunity to score different aspects for each review: for example, if you’re reviewing a videogame, you can create the aspects “Graphics”, “Gameplay”, “Story”, etc. and give a vote for each one. To create a set, just go in “Settings” -> “Yet Another Stars Rating: Settings” and click on the “Multi Sets” tab. To insert it into a post, just paste the shortcode that YASR will create for you.
What is “Ranking reviews” ?
It is the 10 highest rated item ranking by reviewer. In order to insert it into a post or page, just paste this shortcode [yasr_ov_ranking]
Wht is “Users’ ranking” ?
This is 2 charts in 1. Infact, this chart shows both the most rated posts/pages or the highest rated posts/pages.
For an item to appear in this chart, it has to be rated twice at least.
Paste this shortcode to make it appear where you want [yasr_most_or_highest_rated_posts]
What is “Most active reviewers” ?
If in your site there are more than 1 person writing reviews, this chart will show the 5 most active reviewers. Shortcode is [yasr_top_reviewers]
What is “Most active users” ?
When a visitor (logged in or not) rates a post/page, his rating is stored in the database. This chart will show the 10 most active users, displaying the login name if logged in or “Anonymous” otherwise. The shortcode : [yasr_most_active_users]
Wait, wait! Do I need to keep in mind all this shortcode?
If you’re using the new Gutenberg editor, you don’t need at all: just use the blocks.
If, instead, you’re using the classic editor, in the visual tab just click the “Yasr Shortcode” button above the editor
Does it work with caching plugins?
Since version 2.3.0 YASR works with every caching plugin available out there.
In the settings, just select “yes” to “Load results with AJAX”.
YASR has been tested with:
* Wp Super Cache
* LiteSpeed Cache
* Wp Fastest Cache
* Cache Enabler
* Hyper Cache
* Wp Rocket
Why I don’t see stars in google?
Read here and find out how to set up rich snippets.
You can use the Structured Data Testing Tool to validate your pages.
Also read this google announcement.
If you set up everything fine, in 99% of cases your stars will appear in a week.
If doesn’t, you should work on your seo reputation.
Does it work with PHP 8?
Yes, YASR is 100% fully compatible with PHP 8
Contributors & Developers
“Yasr – Yet Another Stars Rating” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Yasr – Yet Another Stars Rating” has been translated into 15 locales. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Interested in development?
The full changelog can be found in the plugin’s directory. Recent entries:
- FIXED: in the editor page, fixed js null error if YASR metabox is not rendered
- FIXED: fixed offset warning if no valid image was given
- TWEAKED: removed warning if PHP 8.1 is used
- TWEAKED: added new filter yasr_auto_insert_disable
- TWEAKED: updated Freemius SDK to version 2.5.2, now included with composer
- TWEAKED: minor changes
- TWEAKED: in the setting page, there is now a new form for creating multi set
- TWEAKED: minor changes and code cleanup
- FIXED: security fix
- FIXED: in the settings page, last div didn’t float good
- TWEAKED: added new filters yasr_custom_loader and yasr_custom_loader_url to customize loader
- FIXED: better ajax response when data is imported from another plugin
See credits.txt file