The plugin automates the process of capitalizing titles. This is useful for making posts look more formal.
The procedure involves the replacement of files. You can check if your current revision is at its latest version via the
Options > Title Capitalization panel.
- Deactivate the “Title Capitalization” plug-in
- Upload the latest version of the “capital-titles.php” file to replace the older one.
- Activate the “Title Capitalization” plug-in.
- A working WordPress install
By installing the plugin, you agree to Tevine’s policies.
Upload the “capital-titles.php” file to the plugins folder (which is located at
Login to your WordPress Administration Panel
Go to the plugins tab, and activate the “Title Capitalization” plug-in.
If there are no error messages, the plugin is properly installed.
You can edit options in the WordPress Administration area (
Options > Title Capitalization). Some formats supported in this plugin are:
- None: No changes made to the title
- All-uppercase letters: Same as applying ALL-CAPS to the title
- All-lowercase letters: No capitalization at all
- Capitalize only first word: Only the first word in the title is capitalized
- Capitalize all words: All words are capitalized
- Capitalize all words, except for internal articles and preposition: All words are capitalized except for some special words like “the”.
- Capitalize all words, except for internal articles, preposition and forms of to and be: Same as above, except more words are included like “with”.
- Capitalize all words, except for most words in closed-classes: Same as above, except more words are included like “its”.
Feel free to poke around the internals of the plug-in.
- That’s it? No editing of templates?
Installing this plugin does not require the editing of your template files. Deactivating the plugin will revert titles to their original form.
- What does it affect?
This plugin affects titles in posts (i.e. they use
get_the_content()functions in the WordPress template)
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Title Capitalization” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- 1.01 – Added update notification
- 1.00 – Initial