Keep em’ guessing!
The Easy Shuffle Widget is a fun way to feature any content on your site. It’s an easy-to-use widget that displays random content by shuffling through your site’s posts, authors, custom post types, and comments, and choosing one at random.
Want to only shuffle through comments or posts? No problem! You can choose to shuffle through any content, or the content of your choice.
- Configurable widget title.
- Set up multiple instances.
- Select which content to display. (You can choose either any registered post type, users, comments, or full-on random.)
- Supports post thumbnails and user avatars.
- Set and preview custom thumbnail sizes.
- Show an excerpt of the post, comment, or author description.
- Set and preview the length of the excerpt.
- Choose the default (basic) CSS styling or roll your own.
This widget was built not only with end-users in mind, but also plugin developers. Almost every aspect of this widget is extensible through filters and action hooks. You can even add your own form fields to the widget form!
- Need to remove a field from the widget form? Not a problem! Every field is passed through its own filter for easy customization.
- Need to modify the output of the widget? Easy! The output is passed through numerous filters, allowing you to customize the content to meet your project’s requirements.
- For a full list of action hooks and filters, please see the plugin documentation: http://darrinb.com/plugins/easy-shuffle-widget
From the WordPress.org plugin repository:
- Download and install using the built-in WordPress plugin installer.
- Activate in the “Plugins” area of your admin by clicking the “Activate” link.
- No further setup or configuration is necessary.
- Head on over to the Widgets screen or the Customizer to start building your lists!
- Where can I find documentation?
The plugin’s official page: http://darrinb.com/plugins/easy-shuffle-widget
- Can I contribute?
Of course! Have an idea for a feature? Reach out on the plugin’s official page. Want to dive into the code? Jump right in! Feel free to submit pull requests for new ideas & enhancements!
Check out the project’s GitHub page: https://github.com/dboutote/Easy-Shuffle-Widget
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Easy Shuffle Widget” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Initial release